Nuffnang Ad

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Zark's Burger Experience

I'm a burger guy and I have had a long infatuation with Zark's Burger.  I guess it's due to over exposure to watching Adam Richman's "Man vs Food" series on the Food Network. I have heard about the Jaw Breaker and the Tombstone Challenge and got even more intrigued.  I was actually under the impression that I can beat the two challenges---more meat, the better!  Or so I thought.  Anyway, my curiosity was finally answered when me and my team went out to get ourselves a taste of what Zark's Burger has got to offer. 
 
I was psyched!  I even tried to prepare myself by not eating my normal heavy breakfast knowing that we will be at Zark's by 10am.
 
We had originally planned to go to the Katipunan branch but then I saw on their Facebook page that there was an outlet at Eastwood, we opted to go there instead.  Unfortunately, none of us was familiar with Eastwood so searching for Zark's became a challenge in itself---even those we asked along the way did not seem to be familiar with it.  Hmmm...that's kind of odd since it was supposed to be a popular joint...or is it only in the Taft area?  Anyhow, we finally found the place tucked away at the entrance of the E. Commerce Plaza right smack at the middle of City Walk2.


 
The store is small and it's in-door dining can only seat approximately 15-20 people but they do have an al fresco dining area to accommodate other guests.  My only complain about it are the pestering flies attempting to get a taste of what we're eating. 

Upon our arrival the store was already half full with what I assume were call center agents (based on the chatter that I got to hear).  We found ourselves a nice spot at the al fresco area and got on the business of ordering.  I initially thought of going for the Tombstone but since it was my first time and wanted to savor the experience, I got the Jawbreaker instead.  Nope.  Not the challenge.  As I've said, I needed to savor every bite of this 1.5 pound behemoth  so I went with it on a leisurely pace.



As its name connotes, with 3 1/2 pound patties and the other garnishes, the Jawbreaker stands at 5 inches tall.  No normal human being can possibly get a bite off this monster with that kind of clearance.  Of course that did not stop me from trying by squeezing it in one tight grip.  However, that proved quite messy!  Patty juice began to drip as I opened my mouth at an attempt for a monster bite which actually ended up as a disaster when the other garnishes started to fall out.  Oh well...at Php 250 (meal with fries and bottomless drink) it sure packed some serious calories! (Not to mention maxed up my stomach capacity!)  I did not take a bite of food for the rest of the day after devouring the whole thing---oh and plus the half eaten Candy Bacon Burger that my companion did not finish!

The VERDICT:  Value for money to the max!

Caveat:  While the Jawbreaker will no doubt fill you up, there is nothing extra ordinary in terms of taste.  If Zark's can somehow put in Jollibee's smoked patty (used for Champ) and you've got yourself a perfect burger!  But that's just me.  I suggest you try it out and judge by yourself.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment