Nuffnang Ad

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What is the Best Action Movie Currently Playing?

Ever since I got back my old job (to add to my existing) as the helpdesk support manager, I also got back the STRESS package that went with it.  Naturally, come weekend, I need a more potent de-stresser to come back revitalized for the next week.  (Actually, even my weekends are no longer as serene as it used to be.)  

Watching a movie is one such stress cure for me.  So last Saturday I took my wife out on a date.  There were two movies playing that caught our attention---Oblivion starring Tom Cruise and Olympus Has Fallen starring Gerard Butler.  Personally I thought that I had enough Tom Cruise for the meantime.  Reacher did not provide the necessary UMPH!  so I had doubts about Oblivion.  However, I went against my better judgement and decided on the Tom Cruise starrer.

While the movie did have it's high points it was more of a thinking movie type where you don't get the whole story until the very end.  Yes, there were action sequences but not enough to provide that heart pounding adrenalin rush I was looking for and left the movie house feeling that there was still something missing.  


The following day, amid the blistering afternoon heat at home, the nagging feeling persisted and when I couldn't hold it off, I dragged my wife for another go at the movies, this time to watch Olympus Has Fallen.  This movie completed my weekend!  Not much talk and all action!  However, I did find the plot quite disturbing since it coincides with the war posturing of North Korea.  For the benefit of those who have yet to watch this movie, I won't give spoilers, but the story is a scenario not totally impossible to discount. 

For all you action junkies out there---this is the movie to watch!


No comments:

Post a Comment